Fruit juice is a healthy alternative to softdrinks and sodas that everyone should really consider. They are full of vitamins and minerals and are also very delicious. Wet carpet restoration in Adelaide But fruit juice can also be one of the causes of terrible headaches to homeowners. It’s not because of any negative effect that it has when you consume it but it is when people accidentally spill it on their carpets.
Fruit juice stains are no joke and can really ruin your carpet’s appearance. They come in many different colors and thus can really affect any kind and color of carpet that you may have. Fruit juice stains are also very tough to remove but thankfully it is not an impossibility to get it out of your carpet. If you have fruit juice stains on your carpet, read the guide below to help you solve this carpet cleaning problem as easy as possible.
- Remove as much of the fruit juice that has spilled on the carpet by using a sponge or a paper towel to try and absorb the excess liquid. Be careful not to rub the spill though as you will just help it spread to the other unaffected portions of the carpet.
2. Get some water and dilute the fruit juice stain. Let the water soak the stain for a minute and then get a clean white cloth and start blotting it again. This won’t really remove the entire stain but at least it will be able to make the stain lighter and a lot easier to remove with the succeeding steps.
3. Now it’s time for you to make a cleaning solution which will be used on the stain. Get a teaspoon of clear ammonia and mix this with a cup of warm water. Place this in a spray bottle and then apply the solution onto the stain.
4. Let the stain soak in the cleaning solution for a minute or two and afterward get another clean white cloth and blot the area once again. Blotting will help transfer the stain out of the carpet and onto the surface of the clean white cloth. Continue blotting and eventually you will be able to get rid of the fruit juice stain completely.
5. Lastly, you will need to rinse the carpet of any cleaning residue which may have been left behind. Pour some clean water on the area you just cleaned and then dry it up using a wet/dry vac.